Home / Our Process
We develop new opportunities for our principals through a variety of activities:
Our sales engineers are continually making personal contact with our customer base through visits with Design/R&D Engineers, Engineering Management, Sourcing Managers and Program Managers. We provide single point of contact and consistent support for our customers from product concept through production life. The personal relationships we develop at multiple organizational levels is paramount to our company growth and generating new opportunities for our principals.
- We coordinate and host visits from our principal's regional sales managers and applications engineers who provide an additional layer of resource for developing new opportunities.
- We work closely with our distribution partners to develop new opportunities. We support our distribution outside sales staffs through joint sales calls, technical support and assistance with factory support. This promotes more opportunities for our principals through the distribution channel.
- We qualify and develop leads provided by our manufacturers from trade shows, direct inquiries and marketing research.
- Our web presence also produces direct contact from both existing and prospective customers.
- Throughout the entire opportunity generation process, we provide our principals with documented opportunity tracking through CRM systems such as Salesforce.com.
DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
Once an opportunity progresses to the point of part selection and prototyping, we serve multiple functions. Our value to our principal depends greatly on our ability to manage this phase of product development.
- Work closely with customer design engineering staffs to fully understand performance requirements from both block and system level standpoint.
- Clearly, accurately and efficiently communicate those performance requirements to factory applications engineering, product engineering and business development teams.
- Ensure there is open communication channel to customer sourcing and program management to ensure the cost targets, volume requirements, competitive position and program timing needs are clearly defined to the principal.
- Promote and sell best-fit products and technologies from the principal to customer design engineering and sourcing teams.
- Quarterback strategy for marrying customer need with factory offering and capability to ensure the design win. Organize technical calls and factory visits to customer as necessary to secure design wins.
- As in the Opportunity Generation stage, we provide consistent updates throughout the Design and Development stage to to the principal's CRM system ensuring all details of the opportunity are documented.
Once product design is complete and programs move into production, our role becomes more support oriented. We serve several functions at this stage:
- Work with customer sourcing and manufacturing teams to ensure smooth transition into production. This requires getting accurate and updated information regarding manufacturing locations, production forecasts and timing. We coordinate this information with the principal's sales, planning and customer service teams to ensure delivery schedules are properly planned.
- Acquire and provide customer production forecasts to principal for short term and long term planning.
- Assist with any production quality issues that may arise during production. Coordinate responses from principal Quality Engineering team to ensure any issues are resolved as quickly as possible.